If you’re contemplating a trip to the UAE, You may discover that you need to know how to apply for a UAE visa (or not, based on your country). The UAE government allows citizens from some countries to visit without a permit, even for a brief stay.
- 5 Essential Things You Need To Know Before Traveling To Canada In 2022
- How To Use Google Maps Offline When Going On A Trip
What is a UAE Entry Permit?
This UAE entry Permit is the document you must obtain to get an entry visa into the country. It’s valid for a specific amount of time, dependent on the reason for your travel.
Your sponsor must obtain an entry permit before you leave by the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs (GDRFA). The amount of time you are permitted to remain within the UAE with an entry permit will depend on the reason for your trip:
If you are in transit in the country, you’ll be issued an entrance permit (transit visa) for between 48 and 96 hours.
If you’re entering the country for employment purposes, the permission to enter is valid for as long as 60 days.
If you’re an individual traveling as a tourist, the entry permit you receive can be used for up to thirty days (i.e., a tourist visa).
In this sense, a visitor visa and an entry pass are identical.
What are the Types of UAE Visas?
The four primary types of visas the UAE provide are:
- UAE Tourist Visas are issued for tourist reasons or for any other reason that is less than 30 days. They do not oblige you to accept permanent employment or live in the UAE.
- UAE Resident Visas are designed for foreigners who want to move into the UAE. This can include:
- UAE Student Visa
- UAE Work Visa
- UAE Family Visa
- UAE Retirement Visa
- Dubai Digital Nomad Visa
- LTR (Long Term Residence Visas) also known as Investor Visa are valid for 5-10 years. It does not require a sponsor. But, you must spend a significant amount of cash in the UAE to be eligible for this visa.
- UAE Transit Visas are granted to foreigners who need to travel via the UAE. These types of visas can be given for either 48 or 96 days.
Do I Need a UAE Visa to Visit Dubai or the Other Emirates?
UAE visa is dependent on your country of origin. Some citizens can enter the Emirates without visas or acquire one at the time of arrival, while other countries have to obtain it before leave their country of departure.
Check out the list of people who require a UAE visa and are exempt from this: www.emirates.com.
Do I Need a Separate Dubai Visa if I Have a UAE Visa?
No, you do not. There is no distinct “Dubai Visa” since Dubai is not a nation by itself. It is an integral part of the UAE. If you are a holder of an entry visa that allows you to travel within the UAE, you can visit any one of the Emirates, Dubai included.
What is a UAE Residence Visa?
Foreigners who wish to relocate to the UAE must have a Residence Visa. But, before this, they need to apply for an entry Permit. The main difference between an entry permit and a residency visa in the UAE is that:
A UAE Residence Visa is an official document you must get once you’re already living in the UAE with an Entry Permit and wish to stay for longer than the permitted time. The person who sponsors you (who must meet the GDRFA’s requirements) is required to apply for the Residence Visa.
UAE Visa Requirements
If you are applying for a tourist UAE Visa, it is necessary to have numerous documents that support your application, including:
- A photocopy of your passport and your sponsor’s passport. It is essential to have a passport that is valid for at least six months.
- A photocopy of the passport’s relevant pages. In certain situations, you may not need to provide your original passport. You can include photocopies of the pages that pertain to the passport (or all the pages in the passport).
- Passport-sized photos, following UAE visa requirements for photo images.
- If you’re a female traveling by yourself, you must have a Non-Objection Certificate (NOC) obtained from either your husband or father.
- A valid round-trip ticket for an airline or an airline ticket valid for return travel. If you’re applying through an airline, the trip ticket must come issued by that airline.
- A proof of the accommodation, for example, the hotel.
- Evidence of purchase of travel medical policy for UAE
- You will receive a letter detailing the reason and length of your visit
- Proof of your legal residence within your nation (i.e., your residence permit or visa). This is only valid if you are not an official citizen of your country.
How to Apply for a UAE Visa?
Contrary to most nations, the UAE does not provide visas at its embassies and consulates abroad. In addition, you cannot apply for a UAE Visa on your own – you need to have an official sponsor from the UAE or use an authorized agent to apply on your behalf.
How to Apply
In VFS Global, you are obliged to follow these steps:
- Complete an application.
- Send all documents that are required.
- The application fees must be paid.
Submissions are accepted from the hours of 08:00 and 15:00 between Monday and Friday.
We wish you a successful UAE Visa application and a safe trip down to Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Tap on the subscribe button below and we would let you know when we publish our next article, for FREE.
Leave a Reply