South Africa Visa: South Africa visa requirements took an entirely new form in 2020 because of the pandemic. If you’ve always dreamed of an excursion to South Africa, now you have the chance to make that dream a reality as we’re about to show you South Africa visa requirements and how to apply for a South Africa visa.
- Maldives Visa Application Form And Requirements
- United States Of America Visa Application – How To Apply
- France Visa Application – Requirements And To Apply
- Seychelles Visa Application Apply Here Now
- UK Visa Requirements And How To Apply For A UK Visa In Nigeria
- Requirements And How To Apply For Dubai Visa
- How To Find Cheap Flights To Canada In 2022
- See Reasons For Visa Denial And How To Correct Them
- 5 Helpful Tips On How To Plan A Trip To Where You Know Nothing About
- 6 Important Tips For First Time Flyers
Types Of South Africa Visas
There are different types of South African visas available for various purposes. The processing time in South African embassies and consulates differs, so as a traveler, you should apply for your South Africa visa weeks before departure.
Types Of South Africa Visa:
- Tourist Visa (e-Visa)
- Visit Visa
- Business Visa
- Work Visa
- Medical Visa
- Study Visa
- Relatives’ Visa
- Exchange Visa
- Retired Persons’ Visa
South Africa Visa Process Duration
Processing a South Africa visa application can take up to six days. The processing time can vary because each application is subject to a series of assessments.
South Africa Visa Requirements
Be aware that the requirements for visa for visitors vary from country to country and may be changed at any time by the South African Embassy.
Documents needed to be submitted for a visa application:
- A passport or other travel document that is valid for not more than 30 calendar days after the expiration date of your trip.
- Your passport should have at least two unread pages for endorsements at the entry point or departure.
- Completed Form BI-84 (application for the issuance of a visa).
- The payment of the fee prescribed for the application.
- A yellow-fever certificate of vaccination (if needed).
- A statement or other documentation that explains the reason and duration of your visit.
- Two passport photos in colour.
- A return or connecting flight ticket.
- If you are carrying children (minors) traveling with you or joining you in South Africa, you will be required to submit the following documents in addition to your passport.
- Legal documentation of guardianship, custody or
- Consent of the guardian in the situation where the minor is unaccompanied.
- A proof of financial resources to cover the cost of living while you are living in South Africa in the form of:
- Statements from banks
- Advances in salary
- Statement from a host in South Africa
- Medical coverage.
- Proof of available cash (including credit cards and travelers cheque)
How Much Does A South Africa Visa Cost?
The cost for obtaining a South African tourist visa is $48, while a business Visa is about $127. Visas are valid for up to 90 days.
The above price is calculated using the exchange rate at present for dollars. If there is a slight increase in exchange rates, expect an increase in the price we quoted above.
How To Apply For a South African Visa
It is important to note that the South Africa Visa application is easy and quick to complete. You should make sure you complete the form with correct and complete details. Incorrect or incomplete information could result in delays or even rejection.
Details required for the South Africa visa application form include:
- Basic personal details: The full name, date of birth, Nationality, date of birth
- Passport information: Passport number date of issue, and expiry date
- Contact information: Home address, email address, contact number
- Additional information – such as security-related and health-related concerns (if relevant)
Visit the official website of The South African Embassy to submit your visa application on www.southafricavisa.com.
The Visa issued is sent by email following the application submission after being approved and submitted. Visitors can enter South Africa by presenting their Visas together with their passports. It is required to carry the same passport you used for the application process since the visa.
Do you want us to send you more exclusive travel tips and guides? Click on the button below to subscribe.
Leave a Reply