If you are travelling to Canada for the first time, either excursion to one of the most beautiful areas of Canada or on a brief trip (usually up to six months) to visit your family or close a business deal, then a Canada visitor visa is mandatory. It is also called the Temporary Resident Visa (TRV).
- Four Essential Things To Know Before Planning Your Next Trip To Canada
- How To Find Cheap Flights To Canada In 2022
- United States Of America Visa Application – How To Apply
- South Africa Visa Requirements And Application Form Here
- Requirements And How To Apply For The Maldives Visa
- UK Visa Requirements And How To Apply For A UK Visa In Nigeria
- France Visa Application – Requirements And To Apply
- Requirements And How To Apply For Dubai Visa
- Seychelles Visa Application Apply Here Now
- See Reasons For Visa Denial And How To Correct Them
The temporary Resident visa is an entry document that permits foreign citizens to travel into Canada. If you’re not from a visa-free country, it is necessary to obtain an entry Canada visitors visa, whether you’re travelling as a student, temporary worker, or on a business trip.
This article provides you with a complete guide on what a Canada Visitors Visa is, its requirements, the application process, and how to apply.
What is a Canada Visitor Visa?
This Canada Visitor Visa is a Temporary Resident Visa which permits entry to the holder into Canada for purposes like tourism or holidays in Canada, visits to family members, or business purposes (not longer than six months).
Types of Canada Visa
There are a variety of visas available in Canada but mainly we have:
- Visitor Visa (Temporary Resident Visa)
- Student Visa
- Work Visa
The Canada tourist visa (temporary resident visa) can be multiple or one entry.
A multi-entry visa allows the holder to travel to Canada multiple times. This means that with a multiple entry visa, you can make multiple visits using the same visa while it’s still valid
A single-entry visa permits visitors to travel to Canada just once during its validity. If you wish to come back to Canada, you will need to apply for another visa.
Can I Extend My Canada Visitor Visa?
Canada visitors visa, be it single entry or multiple entries, permit foreigners to travel and reside in Canada for up to 6 months. After expiration of the visa, holders who wish to extend their visit over six months have to apply for a visa extension.
You may be eligible to apply for permanent residence status if you’re eligible and meet the requirements of the Canada immigration service.
How Long Does the Canada Visitor Visa Application Take?
The Canada visitors visa application takes between 8 and 40 days. However, the time to process the application differs based on the country you reside or applying from.
Canada Visitor Visa Requirements
- Complete visitor visa form (IMM 5257) and Family Information forms (IMM 5645).
- Original and duplicate passport copy. Your passport should be valid for up to six months after your return date and must have at least two blank pages.
- Two coloured passport photos that comply with the required specifications.
- Proof of payment for application and biometric fee (if necessary).
- Proof of funds sufficient to cover your journey (i.e. three months’ pay slips, bank statements or evidence of investment, etc. ).
- If you’re not paying for your trip, you’ll need to submit a letter from the institution or person sponsoring the trip, as well as other documents (i.e. an image of their passport and a bank statement showing they have the funds).
- Evidence of ties with residence country (i.e. proof of existing job/employment, business or properties, etc. ).
- Copy of the provisional flight tickets and trip itinerary (i.e. reservation for accommodation).
- Medical history or evidence of your current health state.
- Additional documents that support a visa application, i.e. marriage, invitation letters etc.
- Children (under 18) travelling alone will require parents or guardians signed authorized letter.
- If you’re traveling to visit your family members or on a business trip, you’ll be required to submit an invitation letter that outlines the purpose of your visit, the duration of your stay, the details of the person hosting the visit, the business, etc.
How to Apply for the Canadian Visitor Visa
For you to start your application to apply for Canada visitor Visa, there are forms to fill and procedures that you, as an applicant, must follow. Find below an outline on the steps required to apply for a Canada visitor visa:
- Download, fill and submit the application form on the Official Website
- Prepare and upload all the documents you needed to complete the application (as mentioned above).
- Pay the visa fee.
- Make sure you submit your application to the local center for visa applications in your country.
- Bring all the required documents listed in the checklist of documents and an accepted method for payment (cash is preferred).
- Pay the fee and print a copy of receipt with a unique tracking number, which you can use to monitor the progression of your online application.
Subscribe to our exclusive newsletter using the subscribe button below to receive more travel tips and guides.